Yeahh! I figured out a temporary (?) solution to the problem:

I added =true after &render at line #73 of
See http://pastebin.com/m78e1155c

I changed
#set($inputURLQueryString = $inputURLQueryString + "&render")
#set($inputURLQueryString = $inputURLQueryString + "&render=true")

It looks like query parameters with no value occurrs in other places of the
code as well.
I have not suffered from that so far. But it would be good to know if/how
this issue will be handled in coming xwiki releases.

My personal opinion is that it is probably good for XWiki and the community
if it is as platform independent as possible out of the box.

Thanks & kind regards,
Jonas