Dear Dev Team,

My company is certainly looking forward to the complete transition to 2.0
syntax.  We much prefer it over 1.0 syntax and using a mixture of both has
caused headaches in the past, so +1 to that goal.

Thanks for all the work you do,

Josh Eastburn
SAES Pure Gas, Inc.
San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com>
Sent by: users-boun...@xwiki.org
06/15/2009 08:44 AM
Please respond to
XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>, XWiki Developers <d...@xwiki.org>
cc

Subject
[xwiki-users] [Proposal] XWiki Enterprise 2.0 Roadmap

Hi XWiki Devs & Users,
here's the current proposal for the XWiki Enterprise 2.0 roadmap. Please
give us your feedback about it and tell us whether you think we missed
anything important. Please note that this roadmap covers the next 3 months
of development work. Improvements not included here will be discussed at
the
beginning of the next roadmap (in September 2009).

Shout if you think we forgot something ;-)

The list of tasks is divided in 3 parts: tasks we have already planned to
have people working on, tasks that we would like to complete during the
course of the release but have nobody planning to work on yet and tasks
that
will have to be postponed until the next release cycle.

*Tasks with people already planned to work on:*

   - Rendering (Thomas)
      - Fix bugs
      - Make sure the XWiki 2.0 syntax doesn't move any more once XE 2.0
is
      out
   - WYSIWYG editor (Marius, Anca)
      - Fix bugs
      - Implement search in the link insertion dialog box
      - Improve the macro insertion dialog box
   - CAPTCHA integration (Jérôme)
   - Clustering (Thomas)
      - Write a clustering component based on XWiki events
   - Activity Stream integration (JV)
   - Watchlist (JV)
      - Rewrite the watchlist feature based on the activity stream
      - Make the watchlist work in XEM
   - Macros (Asiri)
      - Write the velocity macro bridge
      - Write a number of velocity macros
   - UI Improvements (Caty)
      - Blog
      - User Profile
   - Architectural Improvements (Vincent)

*Tasks with nobody planned to work on as of today:*

   - Migrate all XWiki Enterprise pages to use the XWiki 2.0 syntax
   (Collective effort?)
   - Rewrite XWiki's Lucene Search backend (Sergiu?)
   - Improve XWiki's default skin (Laurent?)

*Tasks that will have to be postponed to the next release cycle:*

   - Application Manager
   - Document Type Manager
   - Invitation Manager

The current roadmap dates are the following:

   - XE 2.0 M1: June 22
   - XE 2.0 M2: July 13
   - XE 2.0 M3: August 3
   - XE 2.0 RC: August 17
   - XE 2.0: August 31

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Guillaume, on behalf of the XWiki Development Team