Hi Richard,

On Jun 16, 2009, at 9:31 AM, goldring, richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe not in the next build, but:
>
> * more wysiwyg page layout tools (instead of hand coding css) would
> be good
> to enable  users to rapidly and quickly knock up good looking pages,

I think this could be solved with the new 2.0 macros we're planning to
add:
- http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2965
- http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2963
- http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2966
- http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-1689

WDYT?

> * also better table creating/editing (resizing, etc) and formatting
> (grid
> lines hidden/shown) would also be good.

ok

> * facility to email in content (text, images, rich text, word/open
> docs,
> etc) to automatically create wiki pages would be good (think can do in
> Confluence?)

Yes that would be handy. Actually I thought that we had done this at
some point but maybe it was only done on some specific instance and
not in the core.

> * some sort of automated work flow facility

This would need to be discussed more since this is too generic and the
needs might be various. Right now there are 2 solutions for simple
workflows:
- use spaces with permissions and some velocity to move pages from one
space to another
- add a Status object to pages and use HQL (or XWQL) to perform
queries based on the status

> * some sort of dashboard/home page mashups for users to provide user
> customised access to wiki content

You mean ability to insert widgets? Meaning that it's the user that
chooses the widgets he'd like to see.

Something like http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Gadgets/WebHome
  maybe?

Now you mention "wiki content". Do you have ideas about content
widgets you'd like to see?