Dear XWiki users,

I just wanted to share a workaround for a PDF rendering problem. I was
copying and pasting html from a knowledgeroot system into xwiki. In the
process I was changing the image paths to relative URLs. Normally
nothing speaks against using the absolute URLs, but we may need to move
the wiki soon, so I decided that relative paths are better. They display
fine in Xwiki Enterprise, but then the disappointment came when I tried
the PDF print. The first image appeared but the following were empty! So
I needed an absolute path which I can change easily if we move the wiki.

I went into the xwiki/skins/Albatross/template directory to the the
xwikivars.vm file and added a variable of the form:
#set($domain = "http://domain:port";) After adding it, I saved the file,
restarted Tomcat and tested by typing somewhere in a page "$domain".
That took care of it. The PDFs were just fine now.  Now I can replace
the relative URL everywhere by "${domain}/[ here relative URL]". When we
move the wiki to another server it will work as soon as I make a single
change in the xwiki/skins/Albatross/template/xwikivars.vm file.

I am new at XWiki, so if anyone has a better solution I'd be very glad
to hear it.

Greetings,
Steven Calkins