Hi Steven,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Steven Calkins <
steven.calk...@crossmediasolutions.de> wrote:

> Hi Sergiu,
>
> Yes, of course you can use the {image} macro for the 1.0 syntax, or the
> image: syntax for 2.0 documents, if they are attached, but to save time the
> images were not attached. I copied the folder with hundreds of files from
> knowledgeroot (where the images were) to the xwiki folder and changed the
> URLs with an UltraEdit macro using regular expressions.
>
> The point is then, that manually importing the files as attachments is the
> work that can, in this case, be avoided. So the workaround is for external
> file references from, e.g., another system. It would be nice to be able to
> declare a folder in XE to be a resource folder for those cases in which
> resources from other systems must be used. Or do you already have such a
> facility?

Not quite. However, using XWiki's WebDAV interface you could quite easily
drag & drop files from a location on the filesystem to XWiki pages. If
knowledgeroot can be accessed through a filesystem, moving image files
between both platforms would be extremely easy.

Guillaume

> Greetings,
> Steven Calkins

Guillaume Lerouge