On 12/10/2009 03:48 PM, Gaci, Hakim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to index files to find them with Lucene search (TXT, PDF, WORD, PPT,
> XML, HTML...)
> I found this very useful tool in apache projects : Solr
> (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/)
> This works on top of lucene search tool.
> Is it possible to install Apache Solr on XWiki ?

Hi,

Yes, it is possible, but it's not very easy at the moment, since the
integration hasn't been done yet.

We're also evaluating different strategies for our next search engine,
since the current Lucene plugin is pretty old, buggy and deprecated. We
can either reimplement or improve a direct Lucene plugin, use Solr, or
use Compass.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/