I only added the property I need : "editcomment_suggested" and I commented
the value in xwiki.cfg.
Now, whatever the value is in the object editor, even when the property is
unset (empty string), the suggestion is always available.

I restarted XWiki but it has no effect.

Are you sure that the property has to be defined as a Sting ?
Are there special values to set (other than 0 or 1) ?

The XWiki release is 2.2.27100

Maxime