On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 23:47, Lee Chalupa <lchal...@seelink.org> wrote:

> I got the plugins straigthened out.
>
> The XE Manager was screwed up.  I purged it and downloaded a fresh copy.
> I have it setup and ready to go.
>
> Now I'd like to know if it's possible to get the manager instance to
> recognize my 5
> wiki instances that already exist and have content in them.

Each wiki is supposed to have a descriptor page in the main wiki all
with the name "XWiki.XWikiServer<Wikiname>" (yes there is a uppercase
in the first letter of the wiki identifier and lowercase for the
others).

Two way to create them:
- the easiest is probably to export/import from your old wiki theses pages
- in the default xem there is a descriptor page provided for the main
wiki ("XWiki.XWikiServerXwiki"), copy this page for all wikis you need
and put the proper informations (especially the aliases)
- go to each page corresponding to a descriptor location, put
#includeForm("XWiki.XWikiServerClassSheet") as xwiki/1.0 content and
add an object of type "XWiki.XWikiServerClass". Then fill all needed
informations (especially the aliases)

See http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/EditWikiDescriptor
and http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/EditWikiAliases
for more details on what to put in theses descriptors.

> Thanks
>
> Lee

Thomas Mortagne