Von: Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
An: XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, den 2. Juni 2010, 16:52:41 Uhr
Betreff: Re: [xwiki-users] log4j doesn't log information about LDAP connection

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 13:26, Martin Kunze <kunze.mar...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> this morning I had the possibility to restart the whole server on which xwiki
> and tomcat are running.
> You won't beleave me but now there is some Logging and the "Starting LDAP
> authentication" string in the xwiki.log. crazy.
>
> But authentication fails. ("Invalid credentials"). xwiki.log sais the
> following:
> "The provided User is null. We don't try to authenticate, it probably means
> the user is in non logged mode."

This log is because when you access XWiki the authenticator is called
with no user for SSO based authenticators.

You should have another "Starting LDAP authentication" with different
logs after this one, just look at the time when you try to
authenticate and takes the logs from this time and send them here so
that i can look at them.

> Any idea what that means here and what to do???
>
> Thanks for your help!!!
>
> --
> Martin
>
>>Try setting "trace" level instead of "debug" and see if you have
>>"Starting LDAP authentication" to really make sure you don't have log
>>because of some very magical authenticator bug, that way we will at
>>least know we have to focus in logging.
>

>> xwiki.authentication.ldap=1
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=IP-Adress
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.port=389
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN=dc=domain,dc=suffix
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=domain\{0}
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass={1}
>> xwiki.authentication.ldap.UID_attr=sAMAccountName

Thomas Mortagne