On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:57, Sergiu Dumitriu <ser...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> On 05/27/2010 10:26 AM, Denis Gervalle wrote:
> > On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:57, Ecaterina Valica<vali...@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to talk a bit about:

> right
> >> at
> >> right
> >>>

> >> I want to know how hard this would be to be changed.
> >>

> > Changing this is not hard, but it will increase complexity since we will
> > need a backward compatibility mode for existing wikis.
> >

> >> Another question is why this has been done in the first place? Can
> someone
> >> give a valid use case when this is more productive than other ways.
> >>

> > I really do not know, and I am curious as well.
>
> It was done because the deny right is stronger than the allow right. How
> can I say that for space X only group A has view right, and nobody else?
>
> Attempt 1. Deny to Guest and All, allow to A. Oups, doesn't work, since
> everybody in A is also in All, and deny is stronger, so everyone is
> denied...

IMO, RegisteredUsers is a special case. Imagine RegisteredUsers as a Wiki,
and GroupA as a Space; and have the same level of appliance for groups
(page-space-wiki, where space rights override wiki rights).

So if I deny All and allow A, semantically A will have allow, because the
tie will be broken by level. Just a thought.

Caty