Try something like this:
{{include document="Invitation.InvitationCommon" output="false" /}}

{{include document="Invitation.InvitationMembersCommon" output="false" /}}

{{velocity}}

This has worked for me, if using the output="false" attribute fixes it then
the problem is that there is some content (maybe an empty macro which is
rendered as inline?)
in the included page.

Caleb