Thanks!

Raluca Stavro wrote:
>> Please, as $context is a class and getUser() is a method of that class,
>> what is .substring()?
>>

> $context.getUser() returns a String representing the full name of the
> current user document (ex: "XWiki.RicardoRodriguez").
> This is why, all the String methods can be applied on the returned value.

Thus, all these methods are the ones documented here..

http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/String.html

Is that right?

>> Let's call *name* to the answer to the previous question. Please, where
>> are the possible *name* that could be used with a given method of a
>> given class?
>>
>> I'm browsing XWiki API looking for a way of doing the same you have
>> proposed with .getUser() but with the name of a document. That is, how
>> to get Document instead Space.Document.
>>
>> For instance, here...
>>
>> #set($results=$xwiki.searchDocuments($query))
>> #foreach($item in $results)
>> #set ($itemdoc = $xwiki.getDocument($item))
>> * [$itemdoc>$itemdoc],  ~~$itemdoc.display('Genrus')
>> $itemdoc.display('Species')~~<br/>
>>
>> $itemdoc shows Space.Document. How do I get just Document?
>>

> You have to get the name of the document:
> $itemdoc.name

That is far clear: once I get in $itemdoc a document object I can
retrieve its properties by using $itemdoc.property syntax. I can't use
.substring() (or any other String method) with $itemdoc simply because
$itemdoc is not a string. Am I right?

Please, accept my apologies if this questions are too basic! Thanks!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
CTO