Thanks again, Paul,

Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> I think XEclipse does it pretty well.
> But what I prefer to use is my favourite IDE IntelliJ IDEA.
> For this, it depends if velocity or groovy.
>
> - if groovy, I use imports and give types to my variables... this way...
> there's a way to "add variables from context" but I was never fully satisfied
> with it. I name the files *.groovy.
>
> - if velocity, I name the files *.vm, and I insert such fragments as the
> below in the header
> #* @vtlvariable name="lucene"
> type="com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.lucene.LucenePluginApi" *# ##
> #* @vtlvariable name="xwiki" type="com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki" *# ##
> #* @vtlvariable name="request" type="javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
> *# ##
> #* @vtlvariable name="luQ" type="org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery" *#
>  .... and this gives me auto completion
>
> Of course, this relies on the fact that my IntelliJ has all the necessary
> dependencies (I import the right pom.xml for this).
> I believe it should be possible to get this in Eclipse using the velocity
> mode but a friend of mine, an expert there told me it wasn't possible. I
> can't believe it.

I am afraid that I can do about this today is to say thanks and mark
this thread as important and come back to it when I has a well installed
and configured dev environment! :-) I thin I was not far from this point
some time ago, but I have to catch up again now! Let's see if I'm able
to get something and will be back with results!

Do you use IntellijIDEA Community Edition or Ultimate Edition?
> We should definitely have a page about that in dev.xwiki.org. But not how to
> build!

Please, why do say "But not how to build!" Simply because it already
exists such a page?

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez