Hah, duh.  I have no idea why I didn't think to check the Tomcat logs.  Maybe
just a long day.

Well, I'll continue to research this on my own, but since I've already put
out this email on the mailing list, I'll continue it.

1. "What version of XWiki Enterprise did you install?"

XWiki Enterprise 2.5.1.32531

2. "Does this happen only with the HTML macro? Are the rest of the macros
(e.g. velocity, groovy, info etc.) working fine?"

They seem to be.  I don't see any other boxes other than the "! Unknown
macro: html"

3. "Are there any exceptions logged when you start the wiki or when you
render a wiki page that includes an HTML macro?"

Hah, yes, quite a few.  As I stated before, I'm not sure why it didn't occur
to me to check for this.  I won't list the entire stack trace, but here are
the main exception names.

2010-11-22 09:00:55,636 [https://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/] ERROR
rterVelocityContextInitializer  - Unrecoverable error, office importer will
not be available for velocity scripts.
org.xwiki.officeimporter.OfficeImporterException: Error while initializing
office importer velocity bridge.
Caused by: org.xwiki.component.manager.ComponentLookupException: Failed to
lookup component [role = [org.xwiki.officeimporter.OfficeImporter] hint =
[default]]
Caused by: org.xwiki.component.manager.ComponentLookupException: Failed to
lookup component [role =
[org.xwiki.officeimporter.builder.XHTMLOfficeDocumentBuilder] hint =
[default]]
Caused by: org.xwiki.component.manager.ComponentLookupException: Failed to
lookup component [role = [org.xwiki.xml.html.HTMLCleaner] hint = [openoffice]
Caused by: org.xwiki.component.manager.ComponentLookupException: Failed to
lookup component [role = [org.xwiki.xml.html.HTMLCleaner] hint = [default]]
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.reconcileDefaultAttributes(ElementImpl.java
:962)

4. "You have xwiki-core-rendering-macro-html-x.y.jar in your WEB-INF/lib
right?"

Yes I do.

Thank you very much for your help.  If you have any more suggestions based on
the above, I'll be happy to hear them.  I will of course continue research on
my own now that I know the exceptions.  So if you feel you have done your due
diligence I definitely understand.

Thanks,

Lenny