Well the charting macro that I tried to get working was this:

{{chart type="line" source="inline" params="range:B2-D5;series:columns;"
title="Chart Test" width="320" height="240"}}
|  |X  |Y  |Z
|Q1|1.2|3.4|1.3
|Q2|4.5|3.4|2.3
|Q3|1.2|4.5|9.0
|Q4|3.4|1.2|1.2
{{/chart}}

Which I had believed to be XWiki syntax 2.0? I took the example from
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Chart+Macro so unless
there
is newer syntax for charting that I am unaware of.. That is what I was using
and it now works that I have changed the rendering order.

I am running Enterprise 2.6.33065 with Tomcat 7.0.14 if that makes any
difference.

Adam