Hi,

If you didn't start your documentation yet and you don't have any legacy
documents, I'd recommend using a pure web solution like XWiki. If you use MS
Office for advanced content, you will have issues pushing that content to
the wiki anyway.
I created XOffice a few years ago, when MS Office was a lot more dominant
and web editors were still weak(including the one used by XWiki), but the
situation is quite different now.

Indeed there was no development on it for the past year.
If you have critical issues with XOffice, it may be one of the following:
- you are using a localized version of Office or Windows (there are older
known issues with those)
- there is a conflict with newer XWiki versions.

The MS Office and Windows behavior and security settings are different for
versions released on other languages. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but
that's the way it is.
I've been receiving quite a few requests for a new release. However I could
only do some bug fixing only for the En/En environment, since it's a pain to
test and fix other versions.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotau