Hi!

Actually on Windows there is NO crutial difference in MySQL configuration. It
starts slightly different, that's it.

1. You can start it as a windows service like this

net start MySQL

stop

net stop MySQL

2. Manual start like this

mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --standalone --console

stop like this

mysql\bin\mysqladmin.exe -u root -p<root password> shutdown

Config files should be almost the same. Just consult MySQL manuals for details.
I used to play with it on Windows long ago and didn't have much trouble to set
it up. Just be sure, that all paths are set correctly and MySQL "eats" right
config file at startup.

Thus if your XWiki data would be relatively small sized AND you don't want to
play with multiwiki environment, - better use standalone distribution with
HSQLDB.

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:26:12 -0700 (PDT) от Alex <alex_...@gmx.de>:
> Hi, i have a problem with deinstalling MySQL completly from my notebook.
>
> I have the xwiki running on my normal pc, but i also want to work on it on
> the notebook.
> But after watching a lot of forums about that i can't configure the MySQL
> server.
> So i thought about asking here because i just only know one way of getting
> through it --> completly new windows installation.
>
> Have someone any idea how to get it with MySQL or is it easier with Postgre
> or Xampp?
>
> It is not so easy to install xwiki because there is only a tutorial for
> debian users and not for windows...
> I hope someone can help me...
>
> Thanks

Kind regards,