On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Merlin Olivier
<olivier.mer...@gemalto.com> wrote:
> The only message I have in the logs are:
> [#|2012-05-16T09:49:17.787+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|2012-05-16
>  09:49:17,786 [http://10.10.166.184:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs] ERROR
> o.i.ObservationContextListener - Can't find any begin event corresponding to
> [class org.xwiki.bridge.event.ActionExecutedEvent (view)]
>
> I know there is a patch in xwiki 4.x that corrects this ... so we will
> probably correct this.
>
> Anyway - all the exceptions I have sent to you are not neutral at all - they
> are consuming a lot of CPU / response time (even if they are normal) ...

You are supposed to get the exact same exception in single wiki too so
it's not what make a difference.

> And you are right - I was thinking at the "No row with the given identifier
> exists" exception - to say that something is not good in our installation.

If those are not logged they are probably normal. I guess that's when
we ask hibernate to load some document which does not exists.

> When I have time I will redo some tuning/profiling on the xwiki - but I'm a
> bit skeptical about performance when I see the execution profile ...
> I will try to follow the performance tips on the xwiki.org also
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Performances
>
> I'm curious to know on which HW you have deployed the xwiki.org and if you
> are using virtualization also ...

Yes we are suing virtualization too but I don't know much more about
the HW sorry.

> Because we are using more and more xwiki ... and 5 seconds for each page
> seems too long for end user for me

That's not normal for sure and AFAIK you don't need to have a speccial
HW to have decent performances unless you have a huge load.

> So I you have any advice to improve performance - I will try
> Perhaps a good idea is to do a full xar export on the 4.0 version and to
> reinstall everything ???

I doubt it would change anything.

> Best regards,
> Olivier