On Jun 13, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Raluca Stavro wrote:

> I'm resending this mail by using the right subject pattern.
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to upgrade an old XEM to 3.5.1.
> In this XEM there are some custom panels which have been converted to 2.0
> syntax and contain code like this:
>
> {{velocity}}
>  {{html}}
>    #panelheader("...")
>    #panelfooter()
>  {{/html}}
> {{/velocity}}
>
> Because since 2.7.2 panel macros were converted to 2.0 syntax, because
> panel macros from inside macros.vm were modified by calling {{html}} wiki
> macro and because we can't use nested {{html}} macros without wiki="true"
> parameter, I don't know how to fix this issue besides modifying panel code.
> This XEM has more than 70 wikis and this I can't just modify all custom
> (converted to 2.0 syntax) panels manually.
> Is there a nice solution to this problem ?

Idea 1:
======

Add a new #panelheaderold macro in macros.vm and replace all calls of
#panelheader to #panelheaderold in your panels (easy to do with a XWQL query
and 3 lines of scripts).

Slowy migrate panels to new syntax.

Note:
=====

Actually in the future we need to add a new {{panel}} macro, something like:

{{panel style=".." title="…"}}
… content here …
{{/panel}}

Idea 2:
======

Create a custom Panel wiki macro (give it a name other than "panel"!), search
for:
{{velocity}}{{html}}#panelheader….#panelfooter{{/html}}{{/velocity}} (use a
regex)

Replace with your panel macro.

> Should I open an issue on Jira ?

Nope