Hi,

Yes, it was exactly sub-wiki case :-)
If we have both XE and XEM as a "standard", - it looks strange a bit to
consider sub-wiki "non-standard" use case :-)
JavaScript behaves wierd a bit: menu elements "jumping" in some cases occured
:-)
Probably, CSS won't suffer from "jumping disease", I will check it later :-)

Anyhow, thanks a Lot for enlightenment on this topic.

Kind Regards,

Dmitry

Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:32:11 +0300 от "Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)"
<vali...@gmail.com>:

>Hi,
>
>I mentioned they were .xml files because I was describing the package content.
>There is no need to edit them in xml form. You can edit them from the Edit
>menu, from inside the wiki.
>
>Working "fine from scratch" is a subjective opinion, because you wanted to
>work also on subwikis, to have separate menu content for each wiki, one is
>done with javascript - the other with vms, etc. so one may think this is not
>the "standard" use case, but another, so it might not worked "from scratch" in
>your use case.
>
>Thanks,
>Caty
>

>On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Dmitry Bakbardin <haru_mamb...@mail.ru> wrote:
>Hi, Caty,

IMHO, users would appreciate all kind of these hints and customization in
step-by-step "manual".

I had an occasion with a very short time to implement "XWiki.org-styled"
horizontal menu: I installed it, - it didn't work. :-(

I gave up and installed "non-XWiki.org-styled menu" instead and it worked fine
"from scratch".

Editing xml file - fine, but looks not so obvious for less experienced users
:-)

Kind Regards,

Dmitry

Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:30:20 +0300 от "Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)"
<vali...@gmail.com>:

>Well you said you managed to put the Menu in all your wikis. How did you do

that?

What you find in the archive is:

- WebPreferences.xml page: this sets the skin "xwiki:XWikiOrgCode.Skin" as

the active skin. The wiki mark "xwiki:" means that the skin is located on

your main wiki

- Skin.xml page: it's a standard skin file, with the addition that it has

the header.vm field overwritten and adds a reference to

"xwiki:XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro". Having again the "xwiki:" marks means that

this uses the file from the main wiki.  One quick fix for your problem is

instead of "xwiki:XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro" put

"{your_subwiki_name}:XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro" or even simpler

"XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro". This means that the path is no longer absolute,

but relative to your subwiki. Make sure you duplicate on your subwiki the

"XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro" page and add any contextual content you want in

it.

- MenuMacro.xml page that contains the content of the menu.

The case described up means that for each subwiki you have you create a

separate MenuMacro page. The subwikis can share the same skin, or have

separate skins for each subwikis.

The other solution I mentioned is going in MenuMacro.xml and writting

conditions (if, else, context.database, etc.) .

>>Thanks,

Caty

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM, niko dangl <niko.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> oh i thought i could just import the menu tu each wiki and have an
>>

> independet menu.
>>

> but one more silly question how can i manage different menu pages for each
>>

> wiki?
>>

> thanks and regards,
>>

> niko
>>

> 2012/9/20 Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>:
>>

> > Well you edit the menu by editing the page where the menu is defined.
>>

> > If you put the menu on all your subwikis is normal that the links are the
>>

> > same for each wiki, because they all link to the same page (and in a page
>>

> > the content in static).
>>

> > If you want different content for your sub wikis: you can write
>>

> conditions
>>

> > to display other links depending on your location, or you could have
>>

> > different menu pages for each sub wiki.
>>

> > Thanks,
>>

> > Caty
>>

> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM, niko dangl <niko.da...@gmail.com>
>>

> wrote:
>>

> >> I managed to get the Menu in all my Wikis but there is something i dont
>>

> >> get.
>>

> >> How can i edit the entries? I mean i know how to edit the Menu but its
>>

> >> always for the main wiki and i cant change it for each wiki..
>>

> >> Maybe its just not possible or i dont know how to do it.
>>

> >> could anyone please help?
>>

> >> thanks and kind regards

> >> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7016

> http://192.168.10.24:8080/just/wiki/template.junese.de/view/Dashboard/WebHome