Hi Patrick,

On 13 Jan 2014 at 19:10:01, Patrick Masson
(mas...@opensource.org(mailto://mas...@opensource.org)) wrote:

> Vincent, I added a comment on the page with my thoughts (not sure of how the
> continue the discussion - in the users group or on the wiki page).
>
> My rationale is in the comment:
> >
> > I got your email and saw your edits, I am just thinking answering the
> > question directly and pointing to the documentation would have been most
> > helpful to me when I was looking.
> >

> > Interesting before I sent the note to the user's list, I searched for
> > "xwiki restore deleted document", "xwiki recycle bin" "xwiki trash" etc.
> > and did not find the Index Application page. In addition, I also searched
> > xwiki.org for "restore deleted page" and did not find anything.
> >

> > I think the challenge for me as a newbie is that I do not know the
> > nomenclature of xwiki yet. I do not know how I (or other newbies) would
> > have known to look for the Index Application?
> >

> > What do you think? Hope my merging of our efforts is OK?
> >

> However your point about maintaining two sets of documentation would be a
> pain and not a good idea.

Not sure I understood your point! :) Could you explain why it’s not a good idea
to try to have to maintain documentation content in a single place? I
understand that we need several ways to reach a documentation place and I agree
with having a FAQ entry for this precise example for that reason. However, I
really think we need to try to have all documentation about a given feature in
a single location as much as possible.

> Maybe I am just addressing the wrong problem. My issue was that I could not
> find the existing documentation. I restored your version and just added "on
> how to restore deleted pages/attachments.”

I’ve also edited a bit the documentation page at
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Index+Application

It’s now linked from 2 places I know of:
-
http://main.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/How+do+I+restore+a+deleted+page+or+attachmenthttp://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DocumentLifecycle#HRestore
(which is the first entry I get in google when I search for “xwiki restore
deleted attachment”)

Hope it’s now easier to get that information from the onset! :)

Thanks for your help!
-Vincent