Hi,

Each page is internally stored in the database with an id.

However that id is a computed id. It’s computed from:
- the doc’s wiki
- the doc’s space
- the doc’s page
- the doc’s language

So if you rename a document for example, the computed id will be different.

The goal with this was to have friendly URLs, i.e be able to load a doc from
the database given it’s name.

What we’d like to do in the future is to support redirecting to renamed
documents automatically, see:
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-3622