First you should check if the URLs of those images (attachment
download URLs) are correct. Then you should check if non-image
attachments are downloadable (if the image attachments are not
accessible then the rest of the attachments should have the same
problem). Then you should try to upload an attachment, restart the
server and then try to access that attachment so see if new
attachments are fine. Finally,  are the attachments stored in the
database (default) or did you configure the file system attachment
store? In both cases you should check if the attachments are still in
the store (database or file system).

Hope this helps,
Marius