Hi Pascal.

> I'm pulling my hair out...
>
> If I hide the DIV #rightPanels (with class hidden or display none) the DIV
> contentcontainer is not automatically resized!

Indeed it is not. Actually you need to change one class on the <body> tag
to resize the main container.

The class "content" means: left & right panels. "hideleft" means: "only
right panels" and "hideright" the opposite.

When there is no panels at all, the class "hidelefthideright" is used.

> I wonder why and above all I wonder how can I resize content side when
> rightPanels disapeared (with javascript and/or jquery).

Just like how the panel wizard does: play with the body CSS classes.

> [...]
> http://snag.gy/zVIRU.jpg
> http://snag.gy/voZuE.jpg
>

> By the way, for  http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10498
> http://tuljo.com/web-development/expanding-collapsing-sliding-div-jquery
> will help.
>

> Pascal B
>

> ________________________________
>  De : Pascal BASTIEN <pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr>
> À : Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>; XWiki Users <
> users@xwiki.org>
> Envoyé le : Mercredi 17 septembre 2014 21h40
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] need advice about an extension developpment
>

> Thxs you (again :-) )
> You have just confirmed what I was afraid of, I mean js + cookie.
> I will probably look into this collapsed menu , this week. but, I am not
> sure if this replies to your issue...
> If you like, I will show you the result... if I manage :-/
>

> ________________________________
> De : Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com>
> À : Pascal BASTIEN <pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr>; XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org
> >
> Envoyé le : Mercredi 17 septembre 2014 19h01
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] need advice about an extension developpment
>

> Hi Pascal,
>
> If you look at
> http://www.cssportal.com/css3-preview/showing-and-hiding-content-with-pure-css3.php
> the CSS code for making this work is using the :focus pseudo-class, which
> is triggered when the link is selected using the mouse pointer or keyboard.
> It's normal that if you navigate the focus of that element to be lost.
>
> If you want something persistent you must implement it with JS and
> cookies. CSS is not the tool to achieve these things.
>

> On this topic there is also this issue
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10498 but this is not a priority and
> not sure when/who will try to fix it (maybe even you :) )
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Pascal BASTIEN <pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> >
> >I try to writing an extension to add the right panel collapsible (with
> CSS only). Something like this:
> >http://www.cssportal.com/css3-preview/demo/css-menu-ex4.html (hide and
> seek panel)
> >explained here
> http://www.cssportal.com/css3-preview/showing-and-hiding-content-with-pure-css3.php
> >I inserted code in rightpanels.vm and CSS but the limitation is when I
> navigate on another xwiki page/space the right panel is reset. My right
> panel is  not persistent.
> >Do you have an advice to make my right panel persistent:
> >- if user show panel and change current page, right panel  must be still
> open
> >- if user hide panel and change current page right panel must be  still
> hide
> >
> >javascript (and cookie) are mandatory in my case?
> >Do you have an elegant tip: an secret xwiki API ?

Guillaume Delhumeau (gdelhum...@xwiki.com)
Committer on the XWiki.org project