On 6 Mar 2015 at 10:11:17, Marius Dumitru Florea
(mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com(mailto:mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com)) wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Conficio wrote:
> > Oh, Oh, I did something wrong I guess.
> >

> > Well, as I have to change the xwiki.cfg and the hibernate config, I unzipped
> > the war anyway. So for upgrade I move the old dir our of the way , unzipped
> > the new one and copied back the config (diffed it before as to merge it, but
> > seemed not necessary.
>
> This is fine. As I said, the permanent directory is outside the war so
> I guess you kept it.

But if it wasn’t set, there was a warning in the logs since in that case it’ll
have pointed to the temporary directory defined by the servlet container. So it
could have been removed.

It’s important that the permanent directory be set to a permanent location.