Hi Silviu,

I get the impression you are confusing things a bit.

What do you mean by "The site was built using spaces as parents for pages
and child-parent relations." ? You probably meant to say that the site was
built using the parent-child relationship (available pre 7.2).

1. From what I can see from that screenshot, you`ve probably set the
hierarchy mode to "parentchild" in order to still be able to use the
parent-child relationship in 7.2.

Looking at the tree view in the Document index, I notice that it always
shows the documents using the "reference" (Nested Spaces) relationship and
it ignores the configured hierarchy mode. This looks like a bug to me. As a
workaround, you could try editing XWiki.TreeView and using this content
instead:

{{documentTree finder="true" hierarchyMode='parentchild' /}}

(notice the extra hierarchyMode parameter)

Does this make things better for your tree view?

I am still not sure why you were getting those double parents in the first
place.

2. Since you are using the parentchild hierarchy mode, changing a parent
means editing the document and using the button on the right of the title
in edit mode, to change the parent. You seem to describe trying to
rename/move the document and that operation is similar to changing the
parent, but nly if you are in the default reference hierarchy mode, which
you are not, as far as I understand.

Hope this helps,
Eduard