Hi,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Keith Davis <keithda...@pridedallas.com>
wrote:

> "remember that Panels, for instances, have their own documents in which
> they are located (see https://yoursite.com:port/xwiki/bin/view/Panels/";
>
> I did not know that.
>
> "2) (easiest/quickest solution, no coding) "To fix this, you could
> recreate the previously deleted user and make sure he has the 'script'
> right.". This way no further action should be needed on the problematic
> documents since they will simply start working since their last content
> author is now a valid user again."
>
> I just tried this and it fix most of the problems (panels are working) and
> the localization issues are fixed on most pages.

Glad to hear it worked out in the end.

> "(easy but requires minimal coding) Write a quick and small script that
> searches for all documents having the deleted user as content author and
> resaves them with the Administrator user as last content author, so that
> the scripts start working, or..."
>
> In what language? Velocity? I don't know where to start with that - I'll
> probably just not delete users until that issue is resolved.

Yes, Velocity is the easiest to use.

Anyway, to make this easier, I`ve published 2 small apps to help out with
this particular issue:

* One to list these deleted users that are still causing issues since they
are set as content authors on some pages (thus possibly breaking those
pages, as we have seen):
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/List+Deleted+Content+Author+Users

* Another one to take such problematic users and fix the documents they
affect by setting a new user in their place as content author:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Change+Content+Author

Hope this helps you further clean up your wiki and others in the same
situation.

Thanks,
Eduard

P.S.: Of course, recreating the user, as you did, still remains a valid
solution as well, so you just use whatever you prefer.