Hi Tobias,

On 16 Nov 2015 at 20:24:01, Tobias Kirchhofer
(tob...@kirchhofer.net(mailto:tob...@kirchhofer.net)) wrote:

> We just switched to 7.3 and loved it! Cleaner look and Nested Spaces was what
> we where looking for. Thank you very much for this awesome work!

Cool!

> What we are irritated about is something which is hopefully just a lack of
> understanding about rights. We have had groups and adjusted single pages
> according to our access policies. Everything worked as expected. After
> update to 7.3 all rights do not function anymore! The rights were not
> changed but now every user can access every single page - even "Administer
> Wiki" on the main wiki and on each subwiki!
>
> We reinvented our whole security rules and rights to the certain pages with
> no success.
>
> Could someone please support us in narrowing down this issue?

Rest assured that we haven’t changed how rights worked and were set up. So we
just need to find out what happened during your upgrade. This is really
strange. At this point I have no point what could have happened.

Could you check the rights page in the Admin UI and tell us what you see there
for the guest user and for users and groups? Also, is it different from what
you were seeing before?

Is there a way for us to reproduce this? What version of XWiki were you using
before upgrading to 7.3?