HI all

One of the key concepts of a wiki is its easy for everyone to edit. There
are various wiki syntaxs - perhaps the most popular being Mediawiki -  and
all of them have a goal of making it easy for users to write in the
specific syntax, without the need to know html.

So, one of the most basic features of a wiki, CMS, and the web, is linking.
In Html a user has to write

   - a
   - href - the user has to know if it is relative or absolute
   - link text

Its not a lot, but its still too much for non technical people.

In a normal wiki a user just writes
[[MyExamplePage]]

This is so simple that anyone can do it!

In XWiki (and I found this out by using the wysiwyg editor)
[[MyExamplePage>>doc:MyExamplePage.WebHome]]

What is doc? And WebHome? And >>? And whats with the dots, semi colons?

As a technical person I can probably figure this out. But there is no way I
could sell my management on this. Non technical people will never
understand this.

And yes, non-tech people can use the wysiwyg. But then why use a wiki? Why
not just use a CMS.

The

--
Anton Hughes