Hi Anton,

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties with XWiki. Even so, it`s
interesting to hear other opinions.

Regarding your particular issue with the link syntax...

TL;DR Try "[[MyExamplePage.WebHome]]". That should work out nicely for what
you want.

Detailed answer...

You say you have just created the document "MyExamplePage". However, since
you are probably using the 7.2+ UI, with the shift to Nested Pages, you
have probably actually created the page "MyExamplePage.WebHome" (unless
you've checked "Terminal Page" as an advanced user, which I doubt you did).

At this point, you should have a look at this page [1].

When you are using WYSIWYG to add a link by using the nice wizards, we have
tried (a lot actually) to make the transition to Nested Pages transparent
to users (both in the previous creation step and in the WYSIWYG editor) so
that regular users are not exposed to the technical/implementation detail
which is the "WebHome" part. Everywhere they look, users see document
titles instead of the document name "WebHome".
While still in WYSIWYG, the editor might produce an overly explicit wiki
syntax in the document's content, and, if you study the XWiki Syntax page,
you will see that all the information you mentioned is not really needed.
It is either a slightly overly explicit WYSIWYG thing but probably also
mixed with the input you`ve provided to the link wizard.

1. [[MyExamplePage>>doc:MyExamplePage.WebHome]] is broken into
[[label>>type:reference]].
2. In your case label and document name (actually space name) is the same,
so this is perfectly equivalent with: [[doc:MyExamplePage.WebHome]]
3. Now the "doc:" part is default, AFAIK, so this is why I mentioned an
overly explicit WYSIWYG editor... this means that, in the end, your like is
actually [[MyExamplePage.WebHome]].
4. The only issue left at this stage is the "WebHome" part, which, as
mentioned (and we are trying to make it well understood), is an
implementation/migration/historical detail of the Nested Pages approach
that we are pushing for since 7.2. Please keep in mind that XWiki is around
for almost 13 years now and it has evolved a lot, but never without its
growing pains. ATM, this is one of them. We are trying our best to make
everything transparent to simple users through nice UIs, but when you get
down to wiki syntax, macro parameters, includes, application development,
etc, you need to be an intermediate/advanced user and to also be aware of
these technical aspects.

In the current model, a page reference has a "wiki" field, a "space" path
field and a page "name" field. Our solution within the current model to
implement Nested Pages was to make the real page name part of the space
path (as last element) and, for the page "name" field, always user
"WebHome". In the pre 7.2 way of presenting things, this would look like we
are always creating spaces instead of pages, since (terminal) pages lack
flexibility, i.e. can no have child pages of their own. Probably the next
evolution step would be to drop the page "name" field altogether and just
keep the "path" field, which would remove the need for the "WebHome" hack
and would move more towards a "node"-based model. An even further evolution
step would be to maybe transform that path into an unique ID for the page
(which would not necessarily need to be a path), something that would allow
us to go to a parent-child based Nested Documents implementation [2].

Anyway, it's an iterative process and, at every step, we need to preserve
backwards compatibility with previous XWiki versions and/or to provide
viable and smooth migration processes, otherwise people already using XWiki
will not be very happy when they try to upgrade.

Hope this helps in understanding what is going on and that it's not really
an issue of the syntax, but of the compromise we had to make to be able to
expand our model.

-Eduard

[1] http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization
[2]