Thanks Paul! Please, read below...

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:49 AM Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Ricardo,
>
> are you unable to move the webapp to root?

Nope! I can move XWiki to ROOT in Tomcat by simply renaming the application
folder! But I've been asked to not to do that by respecting the current
application running as ROOT in the server where I'm deploying XWiki.

Besides, I would like to run several XWiki instances in the same box. In
fact, I'm already doing that, calling each application by using the
"application part of the URL". Far simple, for example...

http://isabel.idisantiago.es:8080/xwiki
http://isabel.idisantiago.es:8080/atriumkm

I would like to set up a vhost for each instance that avoid the
"application part in the URL.

> The shortURLs experience thus far has been based on that.
>
> For your vhost, you "just" need to change:
>
> ProxyPass /atriumkm http://localhost:8080/atriumkm
> ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/atriumkm

I think I've already tried this. As following...

*****
<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin ricardo.rodrig...@idisantiago.es
     ServerName isabel.idisantiago.es

     # RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ http://isabel.idisantiago.es/atriumkm/

     ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/atriumkm
     ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/atriumkm

     # ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080
     # ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080

     DocumentRoot /var/www/html

     # Logging
     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/isabel.idisantiago.es-error_log
     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/isabel.idisantiago.es-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
*****

And I get this error...

*****
Too many redirects occurred trying to open "isabel.idisantiago.es//".
*****
 This is the current configuration. You can see that error accessing...

http://isabel.idisantiago.es

It is clear that my understanding about how URLs are constructed is truly
poor! Any help will be welcome!

Thanks!!!