Well, I am not performing these modification from velocity, I am doing it
in Java. Following the java method that I expose through the script service:

public void removeInstance(String iName) throws XWikiException {

        XWikiContext xcontext = this.xwikiContextProvider.get();
        XWiki wiki = xcontext.getWiki();
        DocumentReference docRef = new DocumentReference(wikiName,
wikiSpace, iName);
        XWikiDocument xDoc = wiki.getDocument(docRef, xcontext);

       if (something) {
            .
            .
            wiki.deleteDocument(xDoc, xcontext);
            wiki.saveDocument(xDoc, xcontext);
      }

"iName" is the page title.
I have noticed that the method ".getDocument()" create a new document if it
is not present, and I've looked at the "deleted page" index and I found the
document that has been created and deleted. I think there is something that
I am missing, probably I don't pass to the metod the right page name?

Thanks,
Giordano.