Hi Tim,

> On 23 Apr 2016, at 09:41, Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com> wrote:
>
> On 22/04/2016 16:07, Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar wrote:
>> This blog post:
>>

>> http://cnedelcu.blogspot.de/2013/09/nginx-error-413-request-entity-too-large.html
>>
>> tells me nginx does not allow request bodies larger than 1mb by default
>>
>> if you use nginx you might want to update this configuration variable:
>>

>> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#client_max_body_size
>>
>> hth
>> clemens
>>

> Yes, confirmed. That was indeed the problem. Raising the limit solved the
> problem.

I’ve documented this at
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/NginX#HRequestEntityTooLarge

BTW, would be great if you could validate the nginx configuration there. It was
entered by a contributor and not by any member of the xwiki dev team (we don’t
use nginx) so we don’t know if the config is good or not, and thus it can be
promoted as a good configuration to follow. Do you think you could do that?