Because that's not what this application is about.

This application is setting LDAP properties at wiki level (so it apply
only for that wiki) and more precisely in an object of the
XWiki.XWikiPreferences page. xwiki.cfg is the default LDAP setup for
the whole farm (if something is not set at wiki level then it fallback
on xwiki.cfg).

I added a note in
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP+Application#HUsage.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM,  <sebastien.boulia...@cpu.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Xwiki-Entreprise-Web8.0 stable using the .jar in a Tomcat server.
> I just installed the extension LDAP Admin Application.
> The xwiki seem to work perfectly except for LDAP Admin Application.
> I configure dit but I noticied that there is no changes write in the
> xwiki.cfg file.
>
> I checked the perms and they are set to tomcat :tomcat... chmod 744
>
> Why ?
>
> Sébastien

Thomas Mortagne