Hi,

I am currently implementing my first XWiki application and starting to
learn velocity. There is one thing that makes me mad.

There is a static list field with code "ddlProductFamily".

I try to display the items in this list in a nice way (one below the other).

Different approaches including googling didn't lead to any outcome.

#foreach ($prodFam in $ddlProductFamily)
  $prodFam\\
#end

#foreach ($prodFam in $doc.display('ddlProductFamily'))
  $prodFam\\
#end

On the frontend it's always empty. Other #foreach loops work fine.

I'm sure I just misunderstand something but I can't find the fault myself.
Can somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis