Hi Wilfrid,

 I am not ignoring you, I am just puzzled by the problem (that I can not
reproduce) :(

Something is wrong with the application server, or the communication between
the application server and the apache frontend server.

Do you have access to the log files of the application server?
They might contain some error messages why the apache sees a "Bad gateway", or,
well, just any other hint.

Clemens