On 10/26/2016 03:03 PM, Hofstätter Mario wrote:
> There is an example on how to change TOC numbering:
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/TOC+Macro#HExample3:Differentnumberingofsublists
> However, it does not work, and even the screenshot on that page does not
> display the expected result, namely "Level 2" with prefix "1.1"
> Can you provide a working example and update the TOC macro documentation? Our
> desired result is like this: http://i.imgur.com/J1V7Z5n.png (as it was the
> default in mediawiki)
>
> Thank you,
> Mario

The toc sample code actually worked for me - mostly; to avoid confusion with a
numbered list in the navigation I had to restrict the numbering to the
content-area, like:

#xwikicontent ol { list-style-type: none; counter-reset: say; }
#xwikicontent ol li:before { counter-increment: say; content: counters(say,".")
". "; }

Then it worked for me "as advertised" (and yes, not like the screenshot in the
docs).

Are you sure the CSS in the Stylesheet is active in the page?
As this is somewhat advanced CSS, maybe it just does not work in your browser?
(unlike the MediaWiki solution, which renders the numbering in the HTML)

Clemens