The error you pasted have nothing to do with
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7984 plus XWIKI-7984 is specific to
Jboss AS.

The code macro works well with Tomcat and the setup you indicated is
pretty standard for XWiki. It's probably a Jython or Pygments bug with
the specific content you tried.

Does the macro work with some very simple content like:

{{code}}
test
{{/code}}

?

If it work with other content then please create a jira issue with the
content that reproduce the error and we will try to reproduce it and
understand where it come from exactly.

--
Thomas Mortagne