Oh - my mistake. First, I didn't respond to what you had asked before, and
the answer is that yes the change you have made to the tomcat page would
have helped an uninformed experimenter like myself; ie a person with only
peripheral exposure to java/tomcat configuration. Second, for some reason I
did not see the link at all - just the text - so I had not read the more
detailed recommendation. Upshot is that I think you have dealt with it fine.
Thank you!