Wow, it was so obvious I can’t believe that I missed it. Marius was absolutely
right about the short urls. I thought that I had removed them when I migrated
servers but I forgot the remove xwiki as the ROOT Tomcat app. Once I corrected
this my page creation and file save issues have been resolved.

So this was a misconfiguration on my part but the issue with short urls was
there even when configured properly for that use. Should I report this issue?

Regards,

Jesse