OK, now I'm -totally- confused.  :-)     I am looking for the LDAP Application
form.

I started over with the standalone installer.
I installed the LDAP Authenticator using the built-in (pre-installed?) admin
application
I tried adding the LDAP settings found here to xwiki.cfg:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP/Authenticator/
Therefore I have "xwiki.authentication.ldap=1"
I also set a value/server-hostname for "xwiki.authentication.ldap.server="
I left these two lines uncommented, hoping for anonymous LDAP binding, which I
am told we offer.

xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=cn={0},department=USER,department=INFORMATIK,department=1230,o=MP
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass={1}

I have a value for "xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN="
I stopped XWiki by pressing Control-C twice in the window in which I started it
using start_xwiki.sh, since I never got a prompt back.
I modified my xwiki.cfg but am not able to log in using LDAP.
I saw where it says "if you are not using the LDAP application, you will have
to redeploy".   But I don’t know what that means or see it explained anywhere.
So I installed the LDAP Application.  Version 9.2.3.   The version of the LDAP
Authenticator is also 9.2.3.  I installed XWiki 8.4.4.
I finally got to a known point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PHEW!   I go to here,
from the LDAP Application page:
Enabling LDAP authentication on a wiki
The LDAP application assumes LDAP is enabled as the main authenticator via the
bundled XWiki LDAP authenticator. If it's not the case, you will be "welcomed"
with the following warning message:

ldap-authenticator-warning.png

In the event you encounter this message, please report to Authenticator
documentation in order to enable the LDAP authenticator on your wiki.

You need to make sure you have have the following in your xwiki.cfg file:

xwiki.authentication.authclass=org.xwiki.contrib.ldap.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl
since LDAP Application 8.3 or if you are using older version of the application:

xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl
Uncomment it and then restart XWiki.

Okay!!!!  Right ON.   Now, it says "Since LDAP Application 8.3 or if you are
using an older version of the application."
This is confusing to me.  Since 8.3 I ought to use that line, and also if I am
using an older version?!?   OK, I'll try that, since I am using 9.2.3, and it
sounds like I ought be using that ever since 8.3.  And I got Java errors when I
tried to start xwiki again.
Okay.  I guess that is not going to work.  I'll try the other line, the first
one suggested.  That time I got no Java errors.
Now I have this:
xwiki.authentication.authclass=org.xwiki.contrib.ldap.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl

Okay.  After setting that to that, I was able to start xwiki again.   I logged
in as Admin and went to the LDAP Application.  The page is titled "LDAP Admin
sheet".   There is some whitespace.  The in large font is the work
"Configuration".  There is a pencil on the far right.  Below that is the word
"Miscellaneous".  Another pencil on the far right.  Below that is a button
"Reset group cache".  I pressed it.  I then clicked the pencil to the right of
"Configuration".  There is nothing there.

Where is the form I see on this page:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP/Application/   ???
I see no error msgs or guidance of any sort going to the window in which I
started xwiki.
I still can't log in using LDAP credentials.

OK Now I've uncommeted out these two lines and removed their values:
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass=

Same story.  Maybe I'll give up on anonymous binding.  OK, now I've filled
those in.  I've restarted and same story - cant auth using LDAP and can't find
the form, just a pencil on the LDAP Admin sheet.  Not sure what to do next
except start over with XWiki 9.  Guess I'll get that going in another VM.

Help?

Thanks.

The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original
message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to
netad...@westmarine.com.