Rebecca - what's happening currently with R (I don't know about SQL) is that
there's a bug in a recent PR to Zeppelin that's preventing the R interpreter
from loading.  I have to get around to fixing that in the next few days. You
can find a version without the conflict in my repo, or I'll email you the link
tomorrow.

Thank you for pointing out the stack overflow question, I'll take care of that
also.