Hi Polina,

I tried first/third approach with zeppelin-0.6.0-bin-netinst.tgz and both
seems to work for me.

> 3. restart zeppelin, check interpreter tab.
Here is one suspicious part you might missed, did you create new Spark
Interpreter after restarting zeppelin?

One thing you need to keep in mind is that properties that is defined in
interpreter/spark/interpreter-setting.json will take priority over
spark-default.conf.
To be more specific, you will need to change
interpreter/spark/interpreter-setting.json file if you want to change one
of below properties:

   - spark.app.name
   - spark.executor.memory
   - spark.cores.max
   - spark.master

The properties other than above, you can configure them in
spark-default.conf.

Regards,
Mina