Hi Alex,
answer inline

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Goodman, Alexander (398K) <alexander.
good...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Thank you guys for the responses.
>
> I wonder how much the editor has to do with it since I was able to get my
> changes to work (ie the ones in my PR) after manually adding them in a
> vanilla editor (I was previously using Atom). However I did later have
> issues similar to those mentioned in ZEPPELIN-1133 when importing some
> notebooks that I had previously used with the pyspark interpreter in
> zeppelin 0.5 and replacing each cell with the python interpreter. If you
> are interested, I would be happy to share them with you.

It would be very appreciated indeed if you could followup on the issues
that you had \w some reproducible examples i.e in comments in ZEPPELIN-1133

In general I also think we should continue to try taking matplotlib
> integration much further, hopefully to the point where its inline plotting
> features in zeppelin are comparable to those found in Jupyter.

I totally agree. Could you elaborate a bit on what "inline plotting
features found in Jupyter" do you mean here?

> The latter obviously has the advantage of having more direct python and
> javascript integration, but nonetheless this is a subject I would
> personally be very interested in exploring in more detail.

I'll be happy to help here, let's join forces. What kind of
python\javascript integration do you think we should have in Apache
Zeppelin? May be we should start a new thread discussing it in more details.