I used RemoteInterpreterServer without intpEvenServerHost, connected via
"connect to existing process" in Zeppelin and it produced:

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException:
Internal error processing createInterpreter

If intpEvenServerHost is "localhost", it causes immediate "connection
refused" on the side of the remote application for any port I tested.