Hi,
The chart type selection buttons is not related to nvd3, its just an easy
way for us to switch visualization.

The settings box does not rerun the query. However Query parameters does
rerun.

The keys, group, values change the data structure that is sent to a graph.
While its not documented and might be a bit hard to understand with the
code only, you can just add a console.log in the code in developer mode to
see how it changes.