Hi Chris Miller,

   - If one user is running a job with an interpreter, can another user
   simultaneously run a job (such as, in another notebook) with the same
   interpreter?

Short answer is yes, but it depends.
Long answer is, first, it depends on which scheduler interpreter
implementation uses among FIFO and Parallel. Interpreter uses Parallel
scheduler (e.g. spark sql interpreter, shell interpreter, etc) will able to
run simultaneously. Interpreter uses FIFO scheduler will not (e.g. spark
interpreter, etc)

Recently, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-513 is resolved.
Which allows Interpreter use FIFO scheduler run simultaneously, by creating
interpreter instance per notebook.

   - Does Zeppelin have any kind of user authentication capabilities?

Master branch has authentication capabilities based on Apache Shiro.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-548

   - Can I give users either read-only or no access to particular notebooks
   but also let users create their own notebooks that only they can see?

Recently https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/681 has been
merged to master branch. It lets users adjust read/write/execute permission
for each notebook.

   - Can I have jobs run as the logged-in user rather than a generic
   "zeppelin" user so things like HDFS permissions will apply?

User impersonation is on the roadmap
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZEPPELIN/Zeppelin+Roadmap, but
not working in progress, yet.

Hope this helps.