There has been some changes and refactoring of the angular display system,
however I don't think we really loose anything in term of functionality.

Currently its breaking a few notebooks accessing the scope with javascript.
Since there was no official/proper way to access the scope variables using
javascript, there is a lot of different usage.

In the PR mentioned in this thread, we were also talking about trying to
have a proper way to get the scope in javascript in the future, instead of
having people using different methods.