Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.
Could you share how big your 4 notes are?

Laggy response might comes from two different reasons.

First one is size of notebook. Zeppelin front-end built-on AngularJS 1.x.
And performance of front-end depends on number of watcher. While more
paragraph creates more watcher, large size of notebook may cause laggy
response. In this case, we can try optimize the front-end [1]

Second one is network delay between your browser and ZeppelinServer daemon.
Most of action you made inside notebook (run, hide/show output, change
graph, etc) is send to ZeppelinServer, and ZeppelinServer broadcast
response back to all connected browsers. Your browser is not updated when
you make an action, but updated when browser got broadcast response from
ZeppelinServer.
For this reason, with large network delay between the browser and
ZeppelinServer, user will experience some laggy action.
This case, we can improve front-end, immediately update ui after action,
before getting broadcast response.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
moon