We need quite a lot (several tens) of people expressing an interest in a
newsgroup before we can even start a ballot.

Squabbles over the name, and squabbles about valid topics (as we all know,
people pay little attention to topic rules anyway!) are all available by
examining the postings made to news.groups in 2002.

Even if you are not personally interested in the newsgroup, and/or do not
think it would be make a difference to the UKMA or USMA, please contribute
to the newsgroup creation process. It may be good for our cause if there is
specific place for usenet users to discuss the metric system.

I have made a posting to the newsgroup:
news.groups

The title of the posting is:
misc.metric-system

The body message of the posting is:
Please can we try again for the group 'misc.metric-system'

What you can do (if you agree with the idea) --- Please reply to that
posting and append words such as:
'Yes please. I also want to have a ballot on this'.